Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring and the winter of my discontent



Ah yes, the signs of spring in my garden. This picture is green, and full of new growth. I feel totally the opposite!

Actually my life is good. I am grateful to have a teaching job (at least until June). My family is healthy...but I am smack in the middle of a PMS funk! That is particularly ironic since I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago!!!!!!!!

I think my life can be summed up as a series of stark contradictions. For example, the fact that I am about 95% gray, and still get pimples! That is just not fair! Neither is the fact I get pms but not a period! I am cranky, sad, just blah! I have been mean to my WH and the kids. I am going to just get over myself and my pity party right now!

So let me talk about my garden. This is but a small section. It is planted rather randomly. I just put stuff in the ground and see what happens. I love to play with combinations of color and texture. I use a lot of purple and yellow because those are the only colors WH can see. He is very color blind. The garden needs trimming, and weeding. I have the next 2 weeks off from work for spring break so I will spend some time with my crazy lady hat, clippers and gloves. This is a very rewarding activity. I will post results as soon as they are available!

No comments:

Post a Comment