Monday, February 16, 2009

One trip...too many blogs...

I just returned home from 3 nights and 2 full days in Big Bear California. It is a resort town in the CA mountains. We were with 4 other couples in a smallish house that barely fit us all.

In spite of the slight, very slight, room issue, the trip was wonderful. I have been dreaming of a snowy ski vacation in which I would stay in the cabin and read and knit! My dream came true! Most every one else either skied or went to do other fun snow activities, I played "Keep my feet off the floor"!

The food was amazing! First of all the sheer amount of snacks, and wine was astounding (pics to follow later). Each couple made a meal. I made my buttermilk blueberry pancakes for Saturday's breakfast.

Dinner on Saturday was Chicken tikka masala with brown rice and curried roasted veggies! I didn't think I was a fan of Indian food. Boy was my mind changed!!!!!!

Breakfast on Sunday was scrambled eggs with onions, bell peppers, bagels and cream cheese! Yumm!!!!!

Dinner on Sunday was butternut squash ravioli made from scratch! Oh MY GOD!!!! I don't like squash, at I didn't used to. I brought a copy of the recipe home with me. I am definitely going to make that!

Even today as we were rushing about to leave, we had veggie, and veggie with ham frittata's and biscuits! Awesome!!!!!

I don't want to even go near the scale for a few days!

I will write more about the trip later....

No comments:

Post a Comment