Sunday, January 4, 2009

Good Morning!

Well the world seems a bit brighter this morning! After sending me into the depths of sorrow with his question about the situation in the middle east, my husband sat quietly at his computer and suddenly my favorite version of Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful world was playing on the ukulele by Iz ? the Hawaiian guy. He knows how much I love those songs! It definitely cheered me up. We hugged and danced. It was a beautiful moment! I felt much better.



Things got even better when my daughter called to say that she was watching "Steel Magnolias". She said she had called because she knew that I had watched that movie for the first time the night that I sat up in labor with her! Considering the fact that there are times I she barely remembers my name that was a monumental event. I felt overwhelmed with joy and the urge to just squeeze her until she screamed for me to stop. However, since this conversation took place via a phone call that was impossible!



I had to call her back to tell her that it was all I could do not to get out of bed at that very moment and write in my blog how wonderful I felt! I know I will be annoyed both with my daughter and my husband within only a matter of hours, but for now, I am basking in the warmth of their love!



I am also making soup! Very rare! I don't like to cook. I would like to like to cook, but it just hasn't happened!

1 comment: