Sunday, January 18, 2009

Old Friends

Today I heard from an old friend on my facebook page. She and I had been best friends and neighbors! We had shared so many good times, and helped each other through bad times. I have also gotten in touch with a couple of other old friends recently as well. It is a comfort and joy.

Let me explain...

As I have mentioned, I divorced my first husband. Although I grew up in CA, we lived in Northern VA. I had made a wonderful group of friends there. When my husband and I were splitting up it was all very weird and confusing. I wasn't sure when I left VA if I was moving back to CA, or leaving my marraige. I just knew I had to make a change that involved me going back to my real home, CA. I lied to my friends and told them my husband was getting transfered. They were and are still happily married. I just didn't know how to explain how unhappy I was. There was confusion on their part too as events unfolded and I eventually divorced, or rather was divorced by my ex.

Well anyway, I hope the fact that we have reconnected means that they have let the past go, and are willing to accept that what happened was meant to be. I am very happy now with my wh, and the life we have. I have explained this to them. They have said they are happy for me.

Friendship is one of the most important things we have as we take our journey on this planet! I am going to make it a point to stay in touch with these ladies. I have in fact made it a goal for this year to make and nuture friendships. I need women to talk to and share the special bonds that are only formed in female friendships.

2009 just keeps getting better!

No cooking this weekend! No extra time. My husband is going to bbq porterhouse steaks tomorrow. I think I will make steamed cabbage and buttermilk mashed potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. A big hug to you. And tears from me. I'm so glad we're back in touch and so glad to have had a chance to meet the wh. He is indeed w!

    Can believe we were dd's age when we first met??

    ReplyDelete