Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yoga!!!!!

I went to a yoga class today at the gym I joined recently! Besides the fact that I am proud of myself for my renewed committment to my health and fitness, the yoga rocked!

Before I left the house, my dd and 2 friends were at the house working on a school project. One of my daughter's friends asked me if I was worried about it being awkward going to yoga for the first time. I explained to her that at 46 I don't really have many awkward moments any more. Those went away somewhere between 39 and now! She then asked if I was worried about people farting. I laughed. I asked her if she was serious, which being 17, of course she was. I told her as a teacher I don't get through the day without a kid farting in class. It accured to me that I would feel awkward if I farted in class. That made the kids crack up!!!

Well anyway, off I went to yoga. The room was dimly lit, there was asian influenced new age music. My heart rate went up, and I sweated off at least a pound! I got the same great feeling you get after any other kind of excercise. I am sorry to say that I am not nearly as flexible or strong as I was say 8 years ago. I am happy to say, that I know I can get there again! Oh, and nobody farted!

1 comment:

  1. Yoga sounds pretty relaxing right about now! I am taking a class on Tuesday nights...but everyday would be nice. (as my eye twitches from stress)...sigh

    ReplyDelete